Editing

I have had much fun doing the editing and what a task I have been. Having to take over 6 hours of filming and turn that into a 1.30 minute trailer. Was a hard task but it would have been worse if I had of had less filming because a perfect shot is sometimes hard to come by. It may take hours to get a shot you really like and want to use. The 3 locations were a big reason why there was so much to play with and the amount of time spent perfecting each and every shot. This continued with my editing. It was the process of elimination for most of the picking of the shots. I started by adding in all of the shots  that I thought were the best then slowly but surely removed thoughts that had no importance, or were not quite as good as others. Most of the shots I picked because I wanted to create an image, a photograph the shots are almost like a photograph with the light and action in a particular way rather than the audience be looking at the events I wanted then to be looking at the beauty in the image in front of them. My reasoning for this was because images are more memorable then events, a teaser trailer is so short you want the audience to see the wonderful aspect they will see upon watching the film. Rather than trying to tell a short story or event that just doesn’t work.

No comments:

Post a Comment